This cashew chicken lettuce wraps recipe is full of flavor, healthy fats and high in protein! It’s healthy, easy to make and a favorite of many!
Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Total Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts, cut into ¾ inch pieces
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed and sliced
- One 8 ounce can sliced water chesnuts, drained
- ¼ cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1 small head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Combine tamari and honey/agave in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over med/high heat. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken begins to brown, about 3 min.
- Lower heat to medium and stir in garlic and ginger. Add scallions and cook for 1 min. Stir in water chesnuts and soy sauce mixture. Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 4 min. Remove from heat and sprinkle with cashews.
- Divide lettuce leaves among individual plates and spoon chicken over the top.