- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 bunches chard, trimmed and chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable stock and simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Add the chard greens to the pot and turn the heat to medium high.
- Let the greens cook down for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium and season with salt and pepper. Cook until greens are tender.
- Drain greens and add in red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &