Chia seeds were originally cultivated by the Aztecs and valued for their nutritional and medicinal properties. Today they are sought after for their high content of omega 3 fatty acids, fiber and numerous vitamins and minerals. Chia can also increase fat burning, metabolism and help improve one’s hydration. Try this easy coconut protein pancakes recipe for a new way to add chia to your diet.
Coconut Chia Protein Pancakes Recipe
- 1⁄4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons vanilla whey protein powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then add wet ingredients and stir together.
- Heat a pan and coat with coconut oil. Pour 2 tbsp of batter to form each pancake.
- Cook a few minutes. Once it starts to bubble on top, flip and cook an additional minute or two.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &