What’s better than cookies? Cookies that don’t require an oven! That’s why these No-Bake Coconut Cookies are the best. They’re super-fast to make, there’s no baking involved and they’re so good for you, with things like almond butter and coconut oil in every bite.
Best of all, there are no unpronounceable, unnatural ingredients like store-bought cookies. These no-bake babies make a great healthy snack for kids or light dessert; plus, you can even
force let the kids whip them up!
Let me show you how to make these wondrous No-Bake Coconut Cookies.
We’ll start by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper. The cookies will “bake” on these later.
Next, in a large bowl, take those filling, fiber-rich oats and mix them with the naturally sweet coconut flakes. (Note: These cookies are gluten-free as long as you use certified gluten-free oats!)
Then turn your attention to the stove. Over medium heat, combine the honey, coconut oil and almond butter in a medium-sized pot. Stir it all up until that yummy-smelling mixture is melted and all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
Remove the heated mix from the stove and add in the oats and coconut flakes from earlier. Then add in the flax seed, vanilla extract and cocoa powder. Keep stirring! You want the whole shebang to be nice and thick.
Now, drop big ole tablespoons of the “dough” mix onto the cookie sheets. Top the cookies off with a sprinkle of coconut sugar and beneficial Himalayan salt, and place the cookie sheets into the freezer. Let the coconut no-bake cookies hang out in the freezer for at least 20 minutes or until you’re ready to serve.
When you’re ready to eat these, take the no-bake cookies out of the freezer and let them thaw for 5 minutes. If you have any extras (doubtful), keep them in a sealed container in the freezer.
Can you believe how easy those were? I love how there’s no refined sugar in them, but they still satisfy my sweet tooth. I hope these become a favorite around your house, too!
From the sound of it, you might think leaky gut only affects the digestive system, but in reality it can affect more. Because Leaky Gut is so common, and such an enigma, I’m offering a free webinar on all things leaky gut. Click here to learn more about the webinar.
No-Bake Coconut Cookies Recipe
- 2–1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon flax seed (whole or ground), optional*
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons cacao powder or dark cocoa powder
- coconut sugar to sprinkle on top
- Himalayan pink salt to sprinkle on top
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats and coconut flakes well and set aside.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the honey, coconut oil and almond butter, cocoa or cacao power and stir continuously until the mixture is melted and mixed evenly.
- Remove from heat and add in the oats, cacao nibs and coconut flakes stirring continuously. Add the vanilla extract and continue stirring until mixture becomes thick.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the cookie sheets. Lightly sprinkle coconut sugar and sea salt on top of each cookie. Place the cookie sheets in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer and allow them to thaw for 5 minutes before serving. Store any leftover cookies in a sealed container in the freezer.