Now, I’m a huge fan of cookies. And while chocolate chip might be the crowd favorite, I think my snickerdoodle recipe run a close second. After all, can you really go wrong with vanilla, cinnamon and butter?
Now, these snickerdoodle cookies are better for you than the average recipe. Instead of using refined table sugar, we’re opting for coconut sugar, one of the best natural sweeteners for baking. Add some gluten-free flour, which keeps this Paleo- and celiac-friendly, and you’ve got some delicious cookies that are perfect for dessert or an after-school treat. Let’s start baking with this snickerdoodle recipe!
Start by creaming together the butter and coconut sugar together in a large bowl. You can use a handheld mixer or whisk. Then slowly add in the eggs and vanilla and mix it all up together.
In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Once the ingredients are well combined, add it to the sugar and butter bowl. Then cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about an hour. You will be tempted to try the dough. Do not give in! (Or you’ll miss the best part.)
While the snickerdoodle cookie dough chills, grease a cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350F. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
Once the hour is up, roll about 3 tablespoons of cookie dough together into a ball. Give it a good roll in the cinna-sugar bowl and then place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until all the dough is covered in cinnamon sugar — yum!
Bake the snickerdoodle cookie dough for 10–12 minutes and let cool slightly before enjoying.
I love this healthy snickerdoodle recipe because it’s free of all the additives and weird ingredients you find in store-bought brands — plus you can adjust the sugar and cinnamon to your liking. Hope you enjoy these!
Today and tomorrow, I’m hosting a free presentation all about what I’ve created to be the fastest and most authoritative way to become a Certified Essential Oil Coach.
And you’re invited! Click Here to Register
Whether you’re in pursuit of essential oil mastery or you want to build an essential oil business, this is a must-see presentation. Plus, I’ve set aside a half hour to answer your questions.
Like I said, no charge and you can register here.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- For rolling cookies in:
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- With a mixer or large whisk in a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla, whisking together thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Add dry mix to wet mix and combine thoroughly. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Grease a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix together.
- Pinch off about 3 tablespoons of dough at a time. Roll each into a ball, roll in cinnamon-sugar mix and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes, or to your desired doneness.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &