- 1 cup strawberries
- ½ banana
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup ice
- ½ scoop vanilla protein powder
- Stevia to taste
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until well-combined.
What’s the best thing about a strawberry banana smoothie recipe? For one thing, it only takes two minutes to prepare. Plus, it’s packed with healthy fats, protein and antioxidants and will have you feeling full and energized for hours.
Are strawberry banana smoothies good for weight loss? Yes, because they are filling and will help to prevent overeating, snacking and giving into food cravings. Try adding this strawberry banana smoothie to your morning routine or have it ready in the afternoon before you reach for an unhealthy snack. You can even have this smoothie instead of a sugary, unhealthy dessert after dinner. You’ll love how easy it is to make and its creamy, rich and sweet flavor.
What Are the Basic Ingredients for a Smoothie?
What ingredients are in a fruit smoothie? There are actually many ways you can prepare a smoothie, with options to change the base, fruit, sweeteners and boosters. So when you are following a fruit smoothie recipe, feel free to customize it to your liking.
For the base of my strawberry banana smoothie recipe, I use coconut milk, which not only adds a rich creaminess to your smoothie, but it is also full of beneficial fatty acids that are used by the body for energy. Some other base options for your smoothie are almond milk, kefir and yogurt.
You also want to add a thickener that will give your smoothie the right consistency. For this recipe I use ice, but another option is using frozen fruit instead.
And, of course, the star of any fruit smoothie is the fruit itself. There are a ton of combinations you can play with here, but mixing strawberries and banana is a basic and delicious choice. Plus, strawberry nutrition includes anti-inflammatory and anti-aging antioxidants, and bananas provide a quick source of energy and important minerals, like magnesium and potassium.
And adding a booster is a great way to up the nutritional content of your fruit smoothie. This is also another way to experiment with flavors, like with chocolate or vanilla protein powder.
For this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, I really stuck to the most basic ingredients so that it can be an easy go-to smoothie for anyone. But as you can see, there are many ways to mix it up and play with ingredients here.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe Nutrition Facts
- 396 calories
- 9 grams protein
- 29 grams fat
- 32 grams carbohydrates
- 7 grams fiber
- 18 grams sugar
- 93 milligrams vitamin C (124 percent DV)
- 1.8 milligrams manganese (101 percent DV)
- 0.4 milligrams copper (49 percent DV)
- 248 milligrams phosphorus (35 percent DV)
- 91 milligrams magnesium (29 percent DV)
- 0.3 milligrams vitamin B6 (28 percent DV)
- 0.9 milligrams vitamin B5 (19 percent DV)
- 10 micrograms selenium (19 percent DV)
- 1.4 milligrams zinc (18 percent DV)
- 0.19 milligrams vitamin B2 (18 percent DV)
- 778 milligrams potassium (17 percent DV)
- 68 micrograms folate (17 percent DV)
- 2.7 milligrams iron (15 percent DV)
- 1.9 milligrams vitamin B3 (14 percent DV)
- 0.12 milligrams vitamin B1 (11 percent DV)
- 74 milligrams calcium (7 percent DV)
- 0.15 micrograms vitamin B12 (6 percent DV)
- 0.66 milligrams vitamin E (4 percent DV)
- 3.6 micrograms vitamin K (4 percent DV)
How to Make This Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
It couldn’t be easier to make this strawberry banana smoothie. All you have to do is add 1 cup of strawberries, half a banana, ½ cup of coconut milk, ½ cup of ice and ½ scoop of vanilla protein powder to a blender.
Then blend the ingredients until they are well-incorporated, and just like that you have a smooth and creamy smoothie. If you want to add a little more sweetness to this smoothie, add a touch of stevia to taste.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &