- 3 pounds fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- black pepper to taste
- sea salt to taste
- In large skillet over med-high heat, stir-fry green beans and garlic in coconut oil or butter until crisp tender, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium; add lemon juice, lemon peel, pepper, and salt. Cover and let steam for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
Side dishes are often heavier than the main — think rice, starchy potatoes or pasta. This penchant for carb-heavy sides probably stems from the limp, overcooked veggies and sad iceberg salads many of us endured in our youth. But no more! There’s no reason not to have a side that’s full of flavor and easy to make. These Lemon Pepper Green Beans recipe is not your grandma’s recipe. They require only a handful of ingredients and just 15 minutes, but are a tasty complement to your favorite meals, like burgers and grilled chicken. Kitchen novices, this is a terrific recipe to boost your cooking confidence.
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the green beans and garlic and stir fry until the beans are a bit crispy.
Next, reduce the heat to medium. Add in the lemon juice, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Cover the pan and steam the lemon pepper green beans for 2–3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Transfer the beans to a serving bowl and sprinkle with grated lemon rind. Serve immediately.
Enjoy these lemon pepper green beans the next time you want a lighter side dish with minimal effort.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &