- 2 cups pitted and halved dark red cherries
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup wild rice
- 1 cup chopped raw kale
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped raw or sprouted nuts-almonds, cashews or pecans
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Soak quinoa at least 15 minutes to remove the bitter coating.
- Cook the wild rice in 3 cups of water over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain the quinoa and add it to the wild rice.
- Continue to cook for 15 minutes more just until the quinoa is done. It should be al dente, not mushy.
- Drain the mixture.
- Combine the quinoa and wild rice mixture, vegetables, cherries and nuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &