- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 yellow squash, halved and sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Add yellow squash, zucchini, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the red and yellow tomatoes and continue cooking just until vegetables are tender (about 3 more minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the oregano
Thinking of new ways to get your family to eat veggies can become tiring. And don’t get me started on bland, overcooked vegetables — they give the good ones a bad rep. You won’t have that problem with these Summer Sautéed Veggies.
This simple recipe is a delicious way to showcase the season’s fresh produce with minimal effort — and minimal heat during those steamy evenings. Make this Summer Sautéed Veggies recipe after a farmer’s market haul with the best quality vegetables you can find. It’s worth it!
Add in the zucchini, squash, salt and pepper. Let those cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
Next, add in the red and yellow tomatoes. How awesome do all these colors look together? Continue cooking these Summer Sautéed Veggies for about another three minutes, until the vegetables are just tender. Then remove from the heat, stir in the fresh oregano and serve.
These Summer Sautéed Veggies are perfect as a side dish with grilled meats. They also taste just as good when they’re at room temperature. Take them to your next cookout and enjoy.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &