Have you heard of zoodles? They’re a delicious way to get your veggies in, lighten up meals, cut back on carbs and still enjoy your meals. In other words, they’re a lifesaver and involve the nutrition-rich zucchini. Zoodles are technically zucchini that’s been cut with a spiralizer, turning it into zucchini noodles. If you get creative, however, you can “zoodle” almost any veggie!
If you’re new to the world of spiralizers, this zoodle salad is a great way to start. It pairs popular vegetables like cucumbers, radishes and, of course, zucchini, with a delicious, homemade avocado dressing. Kids will love it, adults will love it — you’ve got to try it!
Start by washing, peeling and spiralizing the radish, cucumber and zucchini. Then peel and slice the onion, chop up the peppers and julienne those carrots. I love all the fresh colors! Add the fresh vegetables to a big bowl, but save a few of the chopped ones for later.
Drizzle the homemade avocado dressing over the zoodle salad mix and use your hands or a rubber spatula to mix it all up. Divvy up the salad into bowls and top with the remaining chopped vegetables.
I love this simple zoodle salad. It makes a fun lunch or side dish. You could even add your choice of protein to it, like grilled chicken or fish, to make it more filling. And how easy is that dressing to make? Try it on your other favorite salads, too!
- 1 medium daikon radish, washed, peeled and spiralized
- 1 medium zucchini, washed and spiralized
- 1 medium cucumber, washed and spiralized
- ½ white onion, peel removed and sliced
- 6–8 green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 of each: small red, green and yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed; washed and chopped
- 4 carrots, washed, peeled and julienned
- For the dressing:
- 1 recipe Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Add the spiralized and chopped vegetables to a large mixing bowl (save a few of the chopped veggies as toppings)
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and use your hands to mix until well-combined.
- Serve topped with leftover chopped veggies.