Have an overload of nutrition-rich zucchini you’re not sure what to do with? Craving pizza but not the carbs? These healthy Zucchini Pizza Boats are the answer.
These pizza boats are not your average pizza. We’ve upgraded the usual by using goat milk cheese instead of mozzarella and adding a peppery taste with fresh arugula. Whether you just want to change up your usual pizza routine or are ready to try something new, these zucchini pizzas will float your boat.
Start by preheating the oven to 400 F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and set it aside.
Cut each zucchini in half length-wise. Use an ice cream scooper to get out the inner portion of the zucchini. Keep the zucchini innards nearby. Pat the inside of the zucchini with paper towels to remove any excess moisture.
Place the zucchini on the waiting baking sheet. Mix together the scooped-out zucchini, tomatoes, arugula, goat cheese, lemon zest and spices and add them to the zucchini pizza boats. If you have other favorite pizza toppings, like lean, cooked ground beef, turkey pepperoni or peppers, add them onto the boats before baking.
Bake the zucchini for 15–18 minutes. When the zucchini pizza boats are ready, remove from the oven. Drizzle with olive oil and top with fresh basil.
Your zucchini pizza boats are ready! What makes these so great is that they are very easy to make and super customizable for each family member. They’re filling without grains — and who can turn down goat cheese? Hope you love these as much as I do!
- 2–3 medium zucchini, washed and the ends cut off
- 1 cup of Roma tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 2–3 cups of arugula
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon of each: sea salt, pepper, garlic powder
- 1½ cup basil, chiffonaded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
- Cut each Zucchini in half lengthwise. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out the inner portion of the zucchini.
- Pat the inside of the zucchini with dry paper towels.
- Place zucchini on baking sheet and fill with tomatoes, arugula, goat cheese, lemon zest and spices.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes. Remove and drizzle basil and olive oil.
Get FREE Access!
Dr. Josh Axe is on a mission to provide you and your family with the highest quality nutrition tips and healthy recipes in the world...Sign up to get VIP access to his eBooks and valuable weekly health tips for FREE!
Free eBook to boost
metabolism & healing
30 Gluten-Free Recipes
& detox juicing guide
Shopping Guide &