Homemade Muscle Rub
Total Time: 20–30 minutes
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoon ginger or turmeric powder (Note: While turmeric is an outstanding anti-inflammatory, be aware that it will cause some temporary skin discoloration)
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- glass jar
- Pour all oils (except essential oils) in to a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium low heat.
- Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.