Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/2 c. medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1-1 1/2 c. mashed avocado (abt. 2-3 avocados)
- 3/4 c. cacao powder
- 1/2 c. water
- Blend or process dates, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Add mashed avocado and cocoa powder and process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Add the water and process until smooth. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Fudgesicles: Freeze the Chocolate Mousse in ice cube trays. Thaw for 5 min. before serving.
- Chocolate Sauce or Fondue: Increase water to 1 c.
- This chocolate avocado mousse is rich and smooth. It is delicious alone or served as fondue with fresh strawberries, bananas or tangerines.