Chocolate Avocado Mousse is one of my favorite healthy sweet treats! Avocados are a high fiber food, packed with healthy fats and rich in magnesium. With 30 percent of your daily value in one avocado, they are also one of the top potassium-rich foods. This gluten-free recipe is rich, smooth and satisfying.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse Recipe
Total Time: 5-10 minutes
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1 1/2 cups mashed avocado (2-3 avocados)
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Blend or process dates, maple syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. Add mashed avocado and cacao powder and process until creamy, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula if needed.
- Add the water and process until smooth. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer up to 2 weeks.
- Fudgesicles: Freeze the mousse in ice cube trays. Thaw for 5 minutes before serving.
- Chocolate Sauce or Fondue: Increase water to 1 cup