Coffee grounds make for an excellent DIY exfoliator. This homemade coffee scrub combines several skin soothing and exfoliating ingredients for a deep cleanse. It can be used for the body (including areas where cellulite or stretch marks appear), hands, face and the scalp.
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- ½ cup coconut oil (or sweet almond oil)
- ⅔ cup coarse sugar (turbinado sugar for body; brown sugar if you’re also going to use on face)
- 4–8 drops cinnamon oil (less if you have very sensitive skin)
- 8 drops vanilla oil, or 1 teaspoon cooking vanilla (optional)
- In a large bowl, add coffee grounds, coconut (or sweet almond) oil, sugar and essential oils.
- Stir well to combine.
- Store in a reusable container, such as dark glass or high-quality plastic. May be stored for up to one year in the refrigerator.
Some temporary redness to the scrubbed areas is normal. If any discomfort or irritation persists, try grinding your coffee finer, use finer-ground sugar and/or omit the cinnamon oil.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Body Care, Skin Care
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: DIY coffee scrub, homemade coffee scrub