You need a daily face moisturizer that includes key nutrients to enhance the skin. These have some of the best ingredients, and it’s surprisingly easy to make!
- ½ cup shea butter
- 1 tablespoon argan oil
- 1 tablespoon carrot seed oil (NOT carrot seed essential oil; and can substitute jojoba oil)
- 5 drops lemongrass oil
- 10 drops lavender oil
- 6 drops chamomile oil
- Pour argan oil and shea butter into a heat-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in a pan of warm-to-hot water.
- Allow the shea butter to melt and blend the two ingredients.
- Carefully remove from heat and add the carrot seed oil. Blend well.
- Add the essential oils and blend again.
- Store in a glass container with a wide mouth.
- Apply to a clean face (wash it well with my homemade face wash) in the morning and at night.
Store it in a cool, dark place and it should last a few months; I sometimes keep my products in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Method: Blending
Keywords: DIY face moisturizer, homemade facial moisturizer, face moisturizer recipe