Keep in mind that DIY makeup, as an all-natural foundation, is not as daunting to make as you may think to prepare. In fact, it is very easy and can be made with just a few ingredients. When choosing your ingredients, use unrefined, raw and organic where possible.
- 1.5 ounces cupuacu butter
- 2 ounces coconut oil
- 0.5 ounce cocoa butter
- 1 ounce rose hip seed oil
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 0.5 ounces zinc oxide (look for uncoated, non-nano and non-micronized)
- organic cocao powder
- cinnamon or nutmeg (ginger or arrowroot powder can be used to lighten the shade)
- Using a double-boiler or a glass bowl in a pan of water, place the cupuacu butter, coconut oil, and cocoa butter and stir to blend well.
- Add the vitamin E oil and rose hip oil. Blend well.
- Remove from heat and add the zinc oxide. Note: The more you add, the higher the sunscreen levels.
- Then, add the cacao and cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Remember the amount of these ingredients that you use will determine the shade of the foundation.
- Start with less until you reach your desired shade.
- Test it on your jawline in sunlight to ensure the shade that works best for you.
- Store in a silicon tube or glass jar. Make sure hands are clean prior to dipping into the jar if you use that type of container, to prevent contamination.
- Prep Time: 15 min