Salt water spray for hair is excellent for adding texture and promoting natural waves that last all day. Try this DIY sea salt spray recipe.
- 8 ounces hot (not boiling) water
- 3 tablespoons Epsom salt
- 1 teaspoon mineral-rich sea salt, such as Celtic or Dead Sea salt (you may add up to a teaspoon more to add stiffness to curls)
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon argan oil (use less if you are prone to oily hair)
- 2–3 drops of essential oil of your choice; rosemary or lemon are good options (optional but recommended)
- In a small mixing bowl, add 8 ounces hot (not boiling) water, Epsom salt, sea salt, argan oil and essential oil. Stir well to mix.
- Carefully pour the hot water mixture into your spray bottle. Use a glass spray bottle to avoid the contaminants in plastic bottles.
- Place top on spray bottle and shake well to combine, about 30 seconds.
- DIY sea salt spray may be stored at room temperature and will have at least 3 months of shelf life.
- The essential oils are optional. Experiment with different types and how many drops you put in.
Keywords: sea salt spray, sea salt spray for hair, is salt water good for your hair, sea salt hair spray, what does sea salt spray do, diy sea salt spray with essential oils,