A good foot soak offers some much-needed therapy to tired, achy feet and overall relaxation. Here’s an easy one to make at home.
- 1¼ cup Epsom salt
- ¼ cup sea salt
- 1¼ tablespoon baking soda
- 8 drops peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops sweet orange essential oil
- 8 drops tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops olive leaf extract
- foot bath basin
- 1½ gallons of warm water
- In a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid, add the Epsom salt, sea salt and baking soda and shake vigorously.
- Next, add the essential oils. Shake again.
- Add the olive leaf extract and shake a third time.
- To use, place a ¼ cup of the mixture in warm (not hot) water in a foot basin. Stir, then soak your feet for around 20 minutes. Place a towel or absorbent pad underneath the basin to help keep the area clear of any excess water.
After your foot soak, consider exfoliating with my DIY Foot Scrub. Then gently rinse and pat dry.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: DIY beauty recipes
Keywords: DIY foot soak