My wife, Chelsea, and I love this scrub in which we include both sugar and salt! We use it a couple of times a week because it keeps our skin in tip-top shape.
- 1/2 cup coarse sugar or date sugar
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- 1/8 cup of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 5–10 drops pure essential peppermint oil
- Get a small ceramic or glass bowl, a 1/4 measuring cup, measuring spoons, a regular spoon and an 8-ounce glass jar or larger.
- Place the sugar and sea salt into the bowl and blend well with a spoon.
- Next, add coconut oil, honey and shea butter. Blend well.
- Work in the jojoba oil.
- Once that is all well blended, add the drops of peppermint oil and blend one last time.
- Next, transfer to a small glass jar with a lid and label it. You can store it in the fridge to help preserve it.
- To bring out that glowing skin, exfoliate the skin. While in the shower, simply apply a small amount with your fingertips or washcloth to the skin one section at a time. Gently massage in a circular motion, for about 10–15 seconds starting at the feet, then the hands, working towards the heart making sure to cover your entire body.
- Rinse and pat dry or air dry so that you do not remove all of the moisturizing benefits.
- Prep Time: 10 min
Keywords: homemade body scrub, DIY body scrub, sugar scrub