Try this homemade cough syrup recipe, which features raw honey, lemon juice and herbs that can help soothe the throat, boost the immune system and settle a cough.
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1½ tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground garlic (or 3 cloves, finely chopped)
- 1¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- small glass jar
- Add all the ingredients to the jar.
- Put cap on jar and shake contents thoroughly. (And do so before each time you consume.)
- Consume one-third of mixture (just over 1 tablespoon) for each serving.
- Place in refrigerator. (Let it sit out for around 10 minutes for each future use.)
Still have a cough on day 2? Make another batch!
- Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: homemade cough syrup, cough syrup homemade, homemade cough remedy