The average dishwashing detergent has some unhealthy ingredients, so why not make a DIY dishwashing detergent right at home? Not only will you save a ton of money, you can be positive that the ingredients are safe for you, your family and the environment without question.
- 2 ounces washing soda
- 3¼ cups purified water
- 4 ounces white vinegar
- 1 ounce citric acid powder
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 20 drops orange essential oil
- 20 drops lemon essential oil
- In a medium bowl, add the washing soda and purified water and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the vinegar, citric acid and kosher salt.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
- Pour into a glass bottle and store in the fridge to prevent fermentation and mold (since it is chemical and preservative-free).
- Use about 1½–2 tablespoons of detergent per load. Give the bottle a good shake before dispensing.
Because this is a chemical-free dishwasher detergent, you need to give your dishes a quick scrub and rinse before loading.
- Prep Time: 10 min
Keywords: DIY dishwasher detergent, homemade dishwasher detergent, DIY dishwasher soap