To help achieve the best results and to avoid toxic chemicals found in most commercial products, consider making a homemade eye cream. This DIY recipe includes four of the best ingredients for the delicate skin under the eyes.
- 2 tablespoons unrefined shea butter
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E
- 10 drops frankincense essential oil
- Put shea butter and coconut oil in a small glass bowl, then place that bowl in a sauce pan that is filled with water. Do not allow any water to get into the bowl.
- Place pan (and bowl) on a stovetop and heat to medium and mix oils together. Whisk until completely melted.
- Remove the glass bowl from the stove and let it cool for 30 minutes. Add the vitamin E oil and essential oil and whisk again.
- Once mixed, put in refrigerator for an hour or until solid.
- Remove from the fridge. With a regular mixer or hand mixer, beat the oils until they are whipped and fluffy.
- Fill a glass container with eye cream mixture and store at room temperature.
- Apply every morning and night around the eyes, after taking a shower or bath or at least washing your face, when your skin is still wet. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Category: Skin care
Keywords: DIY eye cream, homemade eye cream