You can make your own homemade version using some basic ingredients you’d find in a drug store or online.
- ⅔ cup 91 percent isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol)
- ⅓ cup aloe vera gel
- 12 drops tea tree oil
- ¼ teaspoon vitamin E oil (optional)
- In a mixing bowl or ideally a blender, stir together your main hand sanitizer ingredients (isopropyl alcohol and aloe vera gel) until combined. A blender will likely give you the best results since it can be hard to mix alcohol and aloe by hand.
- Add the tea tree oil and optional vitamin E oil. Remix.
- Store in a glass container with a pump dispenser.
To use: Apply a good amount of sanitizer to your palms then rub your hands together so you cover all surfaces. Be sure to rub your fingers and tops of your hands too. Keep rubbing until your hands feel dry.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Method: Blending
Keywords: homemade hand sanitizer, DIY hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohol aloe vera hand sanitizer, hand sanitizer recipe, natural hand sanitizer