Most store-bought mouthwash has many ingredients that aren’t good for you. Instead, make your own mouthwash! It’s easy and can offer additional benefits with these essential oils.
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops spearmint essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 3 cups spring water
- 1 tablespoon calcium carbonate powder
- 8 drops concentrated trace minerals liquid
- 6 drops liquid pure stevia optional
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Put the lid on the jar and tighten.
- Shake well.
To use take a small sip, then swish your homemade mouthwash around in your mouth, gargling periodically for 20–30 seconds. Then spit out. Do not swallow. You can store it in a dark place or the fridge.