This natural shaving cream recipe nourishes and protects sensitive skin while providing a good shave. It can be used for both men and women. You will love how soft your skin feels and feel satisfied knowing that you are using healthy ingredients.
- ⅔ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ⅔ cup pure shea butter
- 2 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons liquid Castile soap
- 10–20 drops of lavender or frankincense essential oils
- Using a small saucepan, melt the shea butter and coconut oil on a very low heat setting on the stove. Stir until fully melted.
- Add the olive oil or grapeseed oil and stir until fully blended. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized bowl and place in the fridge until it becomes solid.
- Remove the mixture from fridge. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the mixture until fluffy; probably about 3–5 minutes.
- Add the Castile soap and blend.
- Add the essential oil and whip again until fully blended and fluffy.
You may be expecting a big lather. This homemade shaving cream does not lather. It’s more like a cream or lotion-like texture and should be applied as a thin layer. Also try to store in a cool, dry place.
Keywords: DIY shaving cream, homemade shaving cream recipe, natural shaving cream