While scrubs made with coffee grounds cannot eliminate cellulite altogether, they have been found to visibly reduce the appearance of cellulite. This is thought to be from caffeine causing dilation of blood vessels, which improves blood flow and tightens of the skin.
- 1 cup coffee grounds
- ½ cup coconut oil (or sweet almond oil)
- ⅔ cup coarse sugar (I used turbinado sugar for this recipe)
- 4–8 drops cinnamon oil (less if you have very sensitive skin)
- 8 drops vanilla oil, or 1 teaspoon cooking vanilla
- In a large bowl, add coffee grounds, coconut (or sweet almond) oil, sugar and essential oils.
- Stir well to combine.
- Store in a reusable container (dark glass is best so the essential oils don’t degrade). May be stored for up to three months in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: DIY cellulite scrub