Oil pulling with coconut oil is one of the best ways to remove bacteria and promote healthy teeth and gums. It’s also easy to do.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (choose organic, extra virgin and unrefined if possible)
- [optional] For everyday use: Add 3 drops of wild orange, lemon or peppermint oil with the coconut oil
- [optional] When battling an infection or sickness, mix in 3 drops of clove oil, cinnamon oil or tea tree oil
- Make sure to oil pull first thing in the morning right after you get out of bed — before you brush your teeth or drink anything.
- Gently swish 1 tablespoons of coconut oil in your mouth and between your teeth for 10 to 15 minutes, making sure that you don’t swallow any of the oil. (Do this gently so you don’t wear out your jaw and cheeks!)
- Spit out the oil in the trash (not the sink so it doesn’t clog up the plumbing … ask me how I know), and immediately rinse your mouth out with warm water (use salt water for added antimicrobial properties).
- Finally, brush your teeth as normal.
- I recommend oil pulling three to four times per week with coconut oil and also adding essential oils to your mixture.
- Prep Time: 10 min
Keywords: oil pulling, coconut oil pulling