Does rice water for hair growth and skin health work? While there are limited studies on its efficacy, it does contain beneficial compounds.
- 1 cup rice (ideally organic rice, whether white or whole grain/brown rice)
- 1 cup water (ideally use filtered water so the finished product is free of impurities)
- First rinse the rice well under running water for about a minute. Strain it to remove the water.
- Add the rice and water to a bowl, and let it sit for several hours or more.
- Strain the rice, and keep the water that is left over in the bowl.
- Put the rice water in a glass far, cover it with a lid and let it sit at room temperature for 12 to 24 hours. This will allow fermentation to take place, in which beneficial microbes develop in the water.
- Once fermented, put the jar in the refrigerator. Try using it within about one week.
- You can use rice water directly on your hair or face or incorporate it into other products, such as shampoo or hair masks.
- Prep Time: 24 hr
- Method: Mixing