One of my favorite DIY skin masks is made using benefit-rich turmeric. Turmeric has been all the craze for dietary reasons but did you also know that it can also help your skin?
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey (ideally also local and organic)
- ½ teaspoon milk or yogurt
- [optional] 1 drop lemon essential oil or fresh lemon juice for additional skin brightening
- Wash face and hands first to remove impurities and any make-up.
- In a small bowl or jar, mix the turmeric powder with the apple cider vinegar, honey, milk or yogurt, and optional lemon oil. Try to get a consistency that will stick to your face. Be careful not to make it too thin as it may drip.
- Apply the mask carefully avoiding your eyes.
- Allow the mask sit on your face for 15–20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
- If you have any leftover, you can cover and leave in the fridge for your next application.
- Apply twice a week for best results.
You may need to use a mild soap with water to remove the yellow stain that may occur. Be careful not to get it on your clothing as well, since it may stain.
Keywords: DIY turmeric face mask, turmeric face mask recipe