In this homemade almond milk recipe, the ingredients are just as they should be: just almonds and water. As a result, it’s , dairy-, lactose- and gluten-free and low in sugar.
- 1 cup almonds
- enough water to cover the almonds in a bowl
- 2 cups water (for blending after almonds soak)
- Place 1 cup of almonds in a glass bowl, and add enough water to cover them.
- Soak the almonds in water for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, drain and rinse the almonds.
- Then add almonds and 2 cups of water together in a blender.
- Blend for 2 minutes.
- Using the cheesecloth, strain out the almonds.
- Press out almond milk from meal (through the cheesecloth).
- Sweeten, to taste.
- Refrigerate. Consume within a week of making.
- Use a natural sweetener like stevia or honey to add more flavor.
- Prep Time: 24 hrs
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass (about 77g)
- Calories: 69
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade almond milk, almond milk ingredients, how to make almond milk, how is almond milk made, how do you make almond milk,