Buffalo wings have been a staple in bars across the U.S. and Canada, but what if there was a more health conscious option? Good news! You can get the same flavors using cauliflower instead of fried chicken wings, and a slew of health benefits, too.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup hot sauce (choose a low-sodium hot sauce like Tabasco; Frank’s is too high in sodium)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cauliflower head, medium-size
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and prepare a 9 x 13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place butter, hot sauce, apple cider vinegar, coconut aminos and garlic powder into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, then whisk up the mixture to fully combine.
- Take a medium head of cauliflower and remove the stem. Chop these florets into smaller, bite-size pieces and put into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour two-thirds of the sauce over the cauliflower and mix with a wooden spoon or hands. (The rest of the sauce will be used for dipping later.)
- Pour the cauliflower out on your parchment paper-lined pan and spread the pieces evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes and remove from oven.
Serve with the remainder of the Buffalo dipping sauce, along with an optional vegan blue cheese dip
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 134 grams
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower bites, buffalo cauliflower wings