Creamy cashew milk makes a satisfying and nutritious substitute for conventional dairy milk. This recipe is easy and customizable.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water or coconut water
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2–3 pitted Medjool dates, optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla, optional
- Soak the cashews in water for 4 hours or overnight. Drain the cashews and rinse until the water runs clear.
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree until very smooth, starting at the lowest setting and moving up quickly to the highest.
- Feel free to drink and store the cashew milk in the refrigerator at this point. However, there may be sediment at the bottom of your milk container.
- For a completely smooth milk, strain the concoction through a nut milk bag. Place the nut milk bag over a bowl or jar and pour in the milk. Allow it to drain briefly. Then squeeze the nut milk bag from the top down to speed up the process.
- Store in a sealed jar in the refrigerator and consume within 3–5 days.
- You can use regular filtered water or coconut water. The coconut water adds to the vitamin and mineral content.
- The sweeteners are optional, but if you want to add some sweetness, make sure you opt for natural sweeteners, not unhealthy, artificial ingredients.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 232
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 13.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.5g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cashew milk recipe, how to make cashew milk, cashew milk vs almond milk, cashew milk nutrition, cashew milk ingredients, cashew milk benefits,