Get all the creamy, cheesy goodness of mac and cheese without the high starch content with this keto cauliflower mac and cheese recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- ½–¾ cup goat kefir
- ½ cup goat’s milk cottage cheese, pureed
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1½ cups grated sheep’s or goat’s milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 8” x 8” pan with ghee.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Spread in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together kefir, cottage cheese, and mustard until smooth.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix together the cottage cheese, kefir and mustard until smooth
- Stir in cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder until cheese just starts to melt. Pour over cauliflower and stir. Top with additional cheese if desired and bake for 10–15 minutes.
- Instead of noodles, this recipe is keto-friendly thanks to the cauliflower base.
- Add any extra healthy ingredients to this dish, such as turkey bacon or onions.
- If you don’t care for goat cheese, you can use sheep or cow milk cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 6.4g
- Sodium: 756mg
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated Fat: 10.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11.7g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Protein: 15.9g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
Keywords: keto mac and cheese, roasted cauliflower mac and cheese, keto cauliflower mac and cheese