When you need a quick, flavorful meal that’s easy to prep and a hit among the family, few recipes fit the bill like Chicken Fajitas.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 package sprouted grain or brown rice tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded goat cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup red salsa (optional)
- 1 can organic black beans (optional)
- Prep the veggies (peppers, onion and garlic).
- On a medium setting, heat coconut oil and a little water in a large skillet, add chicken breast.
- Sprinkle with half of sea salt and garlic and cook until white throughout.
- Remove chicken and let cool (using a knife and a fork, pull apart the chicken breast until shredded).
- In same skillet, add enough water to cover the bottom. Add sliced bell peppers and onion. Add the remaining garlic and sea salt. Cook for 5–10 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken back into skillet with the peppers and onions. Add cumin and chili powder. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add mixture into tortillas. Optionally, add cheese, avocado and salsa to the fajita.
- Serve with cooked black beans on the side.
I love putting the chicken and veggies in a big bowl in a fajita “serving station,” along with different toppings — fresh tomatoes and salsa, sliced avocado, extra onions and a little freshly grated goat cheddar.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: Pan frying
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 fajitas
- Calories: 496
- Sugar: 5.0g
- Sodium: 918mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 9.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrates: 26.8g
- Fiber: 6.4g
- Protein: 56.4g
- Cholesterol: 166mg
Keywords: chicken fajitas recipe