Try this delicious chilled avocado and zucchini soup recipe. Avocado is a true superfood, while the zucchini combines for a perfect blend.
- 2 zucchinis, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup goat or coconut kefir
- Combine the zucchini, green onions and broth in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then reduce the heat. Simmer until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and let it cool.
- Place the lime juice, salt, cooled zucchini mixture, avocado, kefir and cumin in a blender and blend until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
- Chill for 2 hours before serving.
- Use vegetable stock in place of chicken broth to make this recipe vegan.
- You can season to your liking, trying different spices, such as curry and garam masala.
- Prep Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
- Category: Side Dishes & Soups
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (300g)
- Calories: 136
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7g
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Keywords: chilled avocado and zucchini soup recipe