My Coconut Milk Pudding recipe is made with nutrition-rich coconut milk, so not only is it suitable for those avoiding dairy, but it gets an extra creaminess.
- 1 can (usually 13.5 ounces) coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup (now considered preferable to honey, as heating honey deteriorates the quality and loses its essential enzymes and nutrients)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Add coconut milk and maple syrup to a small pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow mixture to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and arrowroot powder.
- Slowly pour half of the coconut milk mixture into the egg bowl, whisking constantly to prevent clumping.
- Turn heat setting for the coconut milk on the stovetop to low and slowly add egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Once it thickens, remove from heat and add in remaining ingredients.
- Pour contents into a bowl and allow to cool in fridge for 30–60 minutes.
For some added nutrition and flavor (and to improve its presentation!), add some fresh berries on top.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 small bowl
- Calories: 354
- Sugar: 12.6g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Fat: 29.3g
- Saturated Fat: 24.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.7g
- Carbohydrates: 20.2g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 82mg