An ultimate takeout fakeout, this Crispy Orange Beef recipe is gluten-free and takes only 30 easy minutes to prepare. Served with cauliflower rice or brown rice to soak up the sauce, it’s delicious!
- 1½ pounds top sirloin beef, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 cups coconut oil
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 tablespoon ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 broccoli head, chopped and steamed
- On a cutting board, thinly slice the top sirloin.
- In a bowl, mix coconut sugar, vinegar, salt and coconut aminos.
- Heat oil in a wok or pot over medium-high heat. Toss beef strips in arrowroot powder to coat.
- Fry in wok until crispy then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of oil from wok.
- Chop up the broccoli and steam it separately in a pot for around 10 minutes.
- Add orange zest, ginger, and garlic to the wok with oil and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add amino sauce mixture to wok and bring to a boil. Cook until mixture gets thick, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and steamed broccoli and stir to coat.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or brown rice.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Main dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Serving Size: 1 serving (384 g)
- Calories: 412
- Sugar: 19.2 g
- Sodium: 584 mg
- Fat: 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.5 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 44.4 g
- Cholesterol: 117 mg
Keywords: crispy orange beef, orange beef