This traditional egg salad has no fancy ingredients or healthy hacks. But it’s the type of recipe that’ll make guests ask for the recipe.
- 6 hard boiled eggs, mashed
- ½ cup Paleo mayo
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup sprouted pecans
- 1 tablespoon each: chopped onion, dill and parsley
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized pot, place the eggs on the bottom and fill over halfway with water. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn off the heat and cover the pot with the lid. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the hot water and place in a bowl with cold water and ice. Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the cold water and peel, carefully. Begin each egg by cracking the top with the back side of a spoon.
- Chop eggs, celery and pecans.
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Serve chilled, on your favorite slice of bread or between two of them.
This egg salad is delicious on gluten-free toast, fresh wheat berry bread or served over a bed of greens.
- Category: Lunches, Salads
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 120 g
- Calories: 261
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Sodium: 288mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 4.3g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Protein: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 290mg
Keywords: traditional egg salad recipe, classic egg salad