Plantains are less sweet yet starchier and delicious in recipes. Waiting until the fruit is ripe, this fried plantains recipe is super simple to make. It makes an excellent side or a quick snack.
- 2 ripe plantains (with peels mottled yellow and black)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Peel and diagonally slice the plantains into half-inch slices.
- Add the coconut oil to the heated pan, allowing it to melt.
- Add the plantains to the pan. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cinnamon evenly over the plantains. Allow plantains to cook for 5–6 minutes.
- Flip, sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon and let cook for another 5–6 minutes.
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Sides Dishes, Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Jamaican
- Serving Size: 1 serving (188g)
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 26.9g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 6.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.7g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 59.2g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: fried plantains recipe, jamaican fried plantains, fried green plantains, fried ripe plantains