Chewy, chocolatey no-bake coconut cookies will satisfy your sweet tooth with no refined sugars, gluten or dairy, and they’re delicious too!
- 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
- 1/2–1 tablespoon ground flax (optional*)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- coconut sugar to sprinkle on top (optional*)
- Himalayan pink salt to sprinkle on top (optional*)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats and coconut flakes well and set aside.
- In a medium pot over low heat, combine the coconut oil, almond butter and cocoa, stirring continuously until the mixture is mixed evenly.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract, stirring until well combined.
- Add in the oats and coconut flakes (and flax if desired), stirring continuously until mixture becomes thick.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the mixture onto the cookie sheets.
- Place the cookie sheets in the freezer for at least 20 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve.
- Take the cookies out of the freezer and allow them to thaw for 5 minutes before serving. Store any leftover cookies in a sealed container in the freezer.
- The flaxseeds, coconut sugar and salt are optional. Feel free to omit.
- If you aren’t concerned with keeping this recipe vegan, you can opt for regular butter, but make sure it’s grass-fed.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Stovetop/By Hand
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 288
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 20.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13.9g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: no bake coconut cookies, coconut cookies recipe, no bake coconut cookies recipe, no bake cookies with coconut, coconut cookie recipe, coconut cookie, vegan coconut cookies, coconut cookies eggless, healthy coconut cookies,