Pears are a high-fiber food that keep you feeling full, reduce inflammation and are packed with antioxidants. Try this pear salad recipe.
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and white pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 section shallot, minced
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 ripe pears, seeded and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 3 Cherry Belle or Easter Egg radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 avocado, diced
- Place the balsamic vinegar and almond butter in a blender and puree.
- Turn the blender up to a medium setting and pour in the olive oil in a thin stream. Blend until emulsified.
- Transfer the dressing to a serving container or jar and mix in the tarragon and shallot.
- Dressing is ready to be used or may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the spinach.
- Saute for 3–5 minutes, stirring often so that the spinach wilts evenly.
- Divide the spinach onto two plates and top with the pears, radishes, almonds and avocado. Drizzle with tarragon dressing.
- If don’t enjoy almonds, you can use any nut of your choosing.
- You can also enjoy this pear salad with balsamic vinaigrette or another homemade dressing of your choosing.
- Nutrition info does not include dressing, but dressing
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Salads
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 606
- Sugar: 22.7g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Fat: 44.2g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 37.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1g
- Fiber: 19.7g
- Protein: 12.6g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pear salad recipe, warm pear salad, pear salad with balsamic vinaigrette