Gluten-free sweet potato casserole is good for you, delicious and easy to make. Here’s a great version of this holiday classic.
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1–1/4 cup coconut sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, divided and softened
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/3 cup Paleo flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes using a fork and slice sweet potatoes lengthwise.
- Place facedown on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 F.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, place them in a large mixing bowl, and mash them with a fork or potato masher. Add 3/4 cup coconut sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and the coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Spread mixture evenly into a baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup coconut sugar and the flour. Add 1/4 cup butter and combine the ingredients with your hands until it resembles a crumble. Stir in the pecans.
- Spread the crumble mixture over the sweet potatoes and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- If coconut sugar isn’t your favorite, you can try other sugar alternatives, such as stevia or monk fruit.
- Opt for organic, grass-fed butter and cage-free, free-range eggs.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 423
- Sugar: 13.2g
- Sodium: 547mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 10.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 11.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 179mg
Keywords: easy sweet potato casserole, healthy sweet potato casserole, sweet potato casserole recipe