This vegan sushi recipe will transform how you think about sushi. Instead of fish, it contains veggies wrapped in nori and cauliflower rice.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (makes about 6 cups cauliflower rice)
- ¼ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey
- A dash of Himalayan salt
- 8 sheets of nori
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 carrot, peeled and washed, julienned
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, washed and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, washed and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1½ cup alfalfa sprouts
- Liquid Aminos
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until rice consistency.
- In a large bowl, add cauliflower rice and pat with a paper towel thoroughly to remove moisture. Set aside.
- Add almonds to food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add almonds to cauliflower rice and add bee-free honey and salt, mixing until well-combined.
- Place a sheet of nori on a sushi rolling mat or flat surface, add ½ cup of cauliflower rice leaving about an inch around the edges, add filling ingredients.
- Using your hands, fold the nori up and over the filling and roll tightly, wetting the top edge of the nori with a little water to seal it.
- Cut the roll into little pieces wiping your knife with a damp towel between cuts so it doesn’t stick to the roll.
- Dip in Liquid Aminos.
- If you aren’t vegan, you can use regular honey in place of the bee-free honey if you choose.
- In place of nori, other seaweeds also can work, such as kelp, wakame or kombu.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 0 min
- Category: Main Dishes
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 roll
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5.7g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Protein: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: vegan sushi, vegan sushi recipe, vegan sushi recipes, vegan sushi rolls, vegetable roll, vegetable sushi, vegetarian sushi,