Coffee grounds contains antioxidants that can help heal the skin, but it also has just the right texture to work as a scrub, helping slough off those dead skin cells. This DIY coffee scrub can be used on the face (be gentle!), it’s great to use on the entire body.
- 1 cup coffee grounds (ground fine, which is better for sensitive skin)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup shea butter
- 10 drops orange or peppermint essential oil (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon and mix the coffee grounds and coconut sugar.
- If the shea butter is soft, add to the mixture. If it’s hard, melt it a very low temperature in a small pot on the stove. Add to the mixture when it’s soft. Stir well.
- When the mixture is cool, stir in the optional essential oil.
- Scrap all of mixture into a glass jar and store in a cool, dark place.
- When ready to use, bring into shower and be careful to not let water into the mixture. First wet your body with warm water, then scoop out some of the coffee scrub and rub it over your body. Focus on areas with dry skin, such as the elbows, knees, shoulders, back of arms, etc. You can also use on your face by rubbing gently, in circular motions.
- Keep the mixture on your body for a couple of minutes before rinsing off.
- After shower, follow with a body moisturizer.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Body care
- Method: Mixing
Keywords: DIY coffee scrub, coffee body scrub, coffee face scrub, coffee scrub DIY