By using essential oils combined with a few other amazing ingredients, you can make your own DIY cuticle butter that moisturizes and softens the cuticles.
- 1 tablespoon organic beeswax
- 1 ½ tablespoons organic raw shea butter
- ½ teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 3 drops tea tree essential oil (optional)
- Fill about one-third of a small saucepan with water. Bring the water to a boil.
- Combine the shea butter, beeswax and coconut oil into a mason jar or heat-safe glass container. Place the jar in the pan.
- Blend ingredients together with a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the vitamin E, lavender, lemon and myrrh essential oils. Mix well.
- Transfer to a small container or jar and let it cool to room temperature.
To use, use a small wooden stick or a spoon and place a small amount on your palm to help soften the balm. Take a finger and massage a small amount of the cream onto and around the cuticle area. Allow it to sit for 10–15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 min
Keywords: cuticle cream, cuticle softener, best oils for cuticles, DIY cuticle cream