If you haven’t tried a DIY Vitamin C Serum for the Face, you may be missing out some big skin benefits. Learn how to make it yourself.
- 1 teaspoon GMO-free vitamin C powder
- 1 teaspoon filtered or purified water
- 1½ tablespoons aloe vera gel
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- Using a bowl and a whisk, blend vitamin C powder and filtered water.
- Add the aloe vera gel. Blend again.
- Add the vitamin E oil and frankincense. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Using a funnel, transfer the serum into small amber bottle to help reduce light exposure.
- Apply at night, making sure to remove in the morning since it can cause sensitivity when exposed to the sun.
- Finally, add some facial moisturizer, such as our DIY lavender and coconut oil moisturizer.
- You may want to start with every other night to make sure your skin responds well. Results are usually noticeable within a few weeks and up to 3 months.
The Vitamin C Serum should only be used at night to avoid exposure to the sun. Make sure to cleanse the skin the next morning before applying sunscreen and makeup.
The mixture should remain shelf-stable for up to 2 months.
- Method: Mixing