Making a DIY lip scrub for the best lip exfoliation is surprisingly easy. This homemade lip scrub with pumpkin and nutmeg is perfect for the Fall season. It’s a great gift idea, too.
- ⅛ cup organic brown sugar
- ⅛ cup used or wet organic coffee grounds
- 2 tablespoons organic canned pumpkin (or homemade pumpkin puree)
- 1 teaspoon local honey (ideally raw)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon shea butter
- nutmeg (just a sprinkle; optional)
- Place the brown sugar, coffee grounds and pumpkin in a small bowl.
- Blend well using either a fork or a spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients: honey, coconut oil, shea butter and nutmeg.
- Stir, pressing down as needed, to make sure all ingredients are well-blended.
- Transfer the finished product to a small glass jar with a lid. Keep it in the fridge to help preserve it. Ideally, it should be used within a month.
- To use, apply a small amount with a soft toothbrush, washcloth or clean fingertips. Gently massage for about 20 seconds in a circular motion. Rinse and apply lipstick, lip liner, lip gloss or lip balm.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Category: Lip Care
- Method: Blending
Keywords: diy lip scrub, homemade lip scrub