Sometimes called a “salt water cleanse” or a “master cleanse,” a salt water flush is designed to help you cleanse your colon and digestive system by bringing on a forced bowel movement.
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt (Celtic variety better than Pink Himalayan)
- 1 liter of hot filtered water
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice or one cup of lemon water
- glass jar with a lid
- Heat up your water but not to boiling.
- Add your ingredients into the jar and put the lid on. Shake it vigorously to fully dissolve the salt. Make sure no granules are visible.
- Drink the mixture quickly, within a few minutes if possible (under 5 minutes is the goal).
- Lay down on your side and massage your belly on one side, then repeat on the other side. If you can manage to hold in the solution for about 30 minutes, this will help your body fully absorb the salt.
- Within a short time after finishing the mixture, you should start to feel the urge to go to the bathroom.
- Once you feel you can no longer hold out, go to the bathroom. You might have to go more than one time, sometimes needing to use the bathroom for several times before you’re fully “cleansed” and your colon is emptied.
After doing a cleanse of any kind, it’s a good idea to take a probiotic supplement and load up on healthy foods.