This cauliflower soup is super-simple to make and is hearty enough to work as a lunch all by itself, maybe accompanied by some crunchy bread.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- ¼ cup Paleo flour (gluten-free)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken bone broth (go with veggie broth if vegan)
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced (remove if vegan)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a stock pot over medium high heat, melt coconut oil with garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until tender.
- Blend cauliflower in a food processor until consistency of fine pieces is achieved. Add to stock pot until cooked through.
- Add in flour, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in broth and coconut milk. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until desired consistency is achieved.
- While the soup is cooking, use a pan to cook the turkey bacon about 4 minutes per side at medium heat on the stovetop.
- Season to taste and garnish with bacon and fresh parsley.
You could even make this a vegan-friendly cauliflower soup recipe by eliminating the turkey bacon and using veggie broth instead of chicken.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Soups, Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 20.8g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: cauliflower soup recipe