Cauliflower is one of the vegetables that, in my opinion, always tastes better in a soup than any other way. Add in some healthy fats and some good seasoning? You’re golden!
Fortunately, this Cauliflower Soup Recipe is also super-simple to make and makes a perfect side dish to a lunch sandwich or most dinners, such as grilled salmon or roast chicken.
Cauliflower gives this soup bulk, fights inflammation and decreases risk of heart disease while keeping the calories low. At only 265 calories per bowl, it’s also nicely balanced with only 17 grams of carbs, 70 grams of fats and 8 grams of protein. It’s filling enough to be a lunchtime soup alongside a piece of crunchy bread!
Let’s get this cauliflower soup recipe bubbling.
Heat the coconut oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat and add the garlic, onions, carrots and celery. Cook the veggies until they’re tender, around five minutes. Stir occasionally. Meanwhile, chop up the cauliflower and place it into a food processor.
You want the cauliflower processed quite finely. Then add it to the stockpot with the other veggies and let the cauliflower cook through.
Once the cauliflower is tender, add the Paleo flour, salt and pepper to the cauliflower mixture and let the mix cook for five minutes. Then add in the coconut milk and chicken broth. Let this delicious cauliflower soup reach a boil. Once it does, reduce the heat.
Allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower soup reaches the consistency you prefer — it’s resemble a chowder. If you like it on the chunkier side, simmer for less time; if you like it smoother, let it cook for more.
Meanwhile, cook turkey bacon in a pan, around four minutes per side.
Also, chop up the fresh parsley. When the cauliflower chowder soup is ready, top it with the turkey bacon and parsley for extra flavor and crunch.
I hope you like this cauliflower chowder soup as much as I do. You could even make this a vegetarian-friendly cauliflower soup recipe by eliminating the bacon and using veggie broth instead of chicken. Enjoy!Print
This cauliflower soup is super-simple to make and is hearty enough to work as a lunch all by itself, maybe accompanied by some crunchy bread.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- ¼ cup Paleo flour (gluten-free)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken bone broth (go with veggie broth if vegan)
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and diced (remove if vegan)
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a stock pot over medium high heat, melt coconut oil with garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until tender.
- Blend cauliflower in a food processor until consistency of fine pieces is achieved. Add to stock pot until cooked through.
- Add in flour, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in broth and coconut milk. Stir well. Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until desired consistency is achieved.
- While the soup is cooking, use a pan to cook the turkey bacon about 4 minutes per side at medium heat on the stovetop.
- Season to taste and garnish with bacon and fresh parsley.
You could even make this a vegan-friendly cauliflower soup recipe by eliminating the turkey bacon and using veggie broth instead of chicken.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Soups, Side Dishes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Fat: 20.8g
- Saturated Fat: 16.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 7.8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Keywords: cauliflower soup recipe